Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Little Boy is here!

On 19th May at 12:26, Luke Aaron Anderson was born. We induced labour early that morning but had no contractions what-so-ever, so decided on a C-Section. All went very smoothly. It was an amazing experience. I could see the whole operation in the reflection of the light fitting above me, and as the pulled him out, they lifted up the bed so that I could see him enter the world - Flipping cool!
Mark was in theatre for the whole experience, and when Luke was out, he got to cut the umbilical chord
Then I got to meet my son for the first time and hold him - it was one of the most amazing moments of my life. I was so overcome with emotion, I really couldn't stop crying. We now were officially a family!
Luke Weighed 3.26kg's, a very healthy weight. And he was as healthy as could be - we couldn't even begin to know how to thank God for giving us this precious gift!

Once he had all his tests etc, they brought him through to the maternity ward and put him in an incubator to warm up - theatre is far too cold for a new baby. Once he had warmed up, they brought him through to me for his first feed. My baby and I got to cuddle for the first time.
We were really excited, when he sneezed we were like "Ah, his first sneeze", then he yawned and we were like "Ah, his first yawn . . . and so it went on with every little thing he did - such proud parents we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment