Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 2 in the World

On Luke's second day in the world he had to get a vaccine shot from Inne-Marie (our Antenatal Teacher). It is very hard watching your little boy experience pain - luckily Mark went with and I got to lie in bed and recoop for a while. After all I hadn't got a wink of sleep the night before - I think there was so much running through my mind!

Luke had his first bath - he cried the whole time, but still, he is the cuteste little guy ever - I mean look at his little body!
After bath time he got all wrapped up and warm, had a feed and then a good sleep.

That evening Cuan and Danielle cam to visit. I am sure I will spend a lot of time talking to Danielle about how to cope with a new baby - She's gone through it once with Matthew and two month earlier with Amy.
Then Peter and Lara came to visit. Luke had a full second day at Olivedale Hospital.
Now that night is a story of it's own . . . I woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming baby in my arms, I didn't know who he was or where I was . . . eventually, after establishing that I was in a hospital, I realised that this child was mine . . . I went out to speak to one of the nurses to find out how he got to me. As it turns out, a nurse had brought him to me from the nursery because he needed a feed, I was still asleep when she gave him to me but must have taken him and she must have thought I was awake! Thank goodness I didn't drop him or something. Another nurse kindly firgured out what had happened, made me tea and calmed me down while I fed Luke . . . what a night!!!




1 comment:

  1. Ah, our little nephew! Can't wait to see him either, and wish we were there to have a cuddle. Only 6 months....

    ReplyDelete